From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Machine Cleanup
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:13:49
1 On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:51:06 -0500, Samir Faci wrote:
2
3 > It seems like the cleanest solution. if I run emerge -uDN (etc) world
4 > it just keeps pulling X and other crap I removed, and since 80% of
5 > what's on the machine it unneeded, a fresh start wouldn't hurt.
6
7 Add --tree --verbose to the emerge command and see what's pulling X back
8 in. It is probable that either you have overlooked a USE flag or that
9 your have something in your world file that requires X.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Ninety-Ninety Rule Of Project Schedules - The first ninety percent of
16 the task takes ninety percent of the time, and the last ten percent
17 takes the other ninety percent of the time.