From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which update broke VMWare?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 22:39:39
1 On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 4:52 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > VMWare Workstation stopped working on ~amd64. And I don't know which of
4 > the updated packages broke it. Before I start reverting all emerges I made
5 > in the last 20 days or so (it's a BIG list according to qlop), has someone
6 > already figured out what broke it?
7 >
8 > When I say "stopped working", I mean nothing happens:
9 >
10 > $ vmware
11 > $
12 >
13 > (No output. Doesn't start.)
14 >
15 > If I enable the "bundled-libs" USE flag, I get:
16 >
17 > $ vmware
18 > Loop on signal 11
19 >
20 > $
21 >
22 > And nothing happens after that error message.
25 There's two hacks i use to make workstation run on ~amd64;
26 cp /lib64/libz.so.1 to /opt/vmware/lib/vmware/lib/libz.so.1/
27
28 And
29 unset VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS && vmware &
30
31 I am under the impression that i needed +bundled-libs with the unset
32 VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS.but that seems counter intuitive so would be worth
33 checking.