From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 05:45:23
1 On 23/07/13 00:46, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > This would be a lot less of an issue if someone just wrote a logind
3 > ebuild (wink wink) that provides consolekit like it was originally intended.
4
5 not possible, logind since systemd >= 205 requires systemd and won't
6 work on openrc, upstart, and such
7 as in, the idea of using logind outside of systemd is a dead end
8
9 so keeping ConsoleKit in portage for long as it works for long as we
10 need openrc for Linux based systems
11 and when it no longer works, the contingency plan is to ship vendor
12 based polkit files that possibly either restore 'plugdev' group or
13 provide similar groups to ArchLinux like 'network', 'storage', 'power'
14 to split up the old 'plugdev'
15
16 - Samuli