From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:45:28
1 On 19 January 2012 13:30, »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
2 > On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:07:09 -0800
3 > Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> In "man emerge" I read:
6 >>
7 >> --changed-use
8 >>   Tells  emerge  to  include  installed packages where USE flags have
9 >> changed since installation. This option also implies the --selective
10 >> option. Unlike --newuse, the --changed-use option does not trigger
11 >> reinstallation when flags that the user has not enabled are added or
12 >> removed.
13 >>
14 >> So I always include "--changed-use" when upgrading @world. But with
15 >> the removal of kdeenablefinal I now get 150 reinstalls with
16 >> changed-use. This seems to be contradicting the man page? Or am I
17 >> misunderstanding things? Or did I misconfigure something? To be clear,
18 >> I have never enabled kdeenablefinal.
19 >
20 > I don't have an answer -- this is just a "me too" post.  I see the same
21 > behavior.
22
23 Thank you. I was starting to feel lonely. :-)
24
25 In case you're interested, I managed to work around the 150
26 unnecessary reinstalls by removing all 'kdeenablefinal' references in
27 /var/db/pkg/*/*/IUSE. This seems to work very well but it may have
28 unintended side effects that I'm not aware of.