From: Michael Mair-Keimberger <m.mairkeimberger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Randy Westlund <rwestlun@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] startx with multiple window managers
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 21:14:15
1 You could actually pass an argument to startx. My .xinitrc looks like this:
2
3 if [[ $2 == "kde" ]]; then
4 exec startkde
5 elif [[ $2 == "awesome" ]]; then
6 setxkbmap de
7 exec ck-launch-session dbus-launch --sh-syntax --exit-with-session
8 awesome
9 else
10 exec startkde
11 fi
12
13 I've also created aliase for kde & awesome (.bashrc):
14
15 alias kde="startx kde"
16 alias awesome="startx awesome"
17
18 Means whenever i want to start kde or awesome i only have to execute
19 "kde" or "awesome". By default (startx) it would start kde.
20
21 LG