From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox update results in Yahoo request for newer version
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:58:11
1 On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 05:17 -0800, Brian Marshall wrote:
2 > On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 03:32:47 -0800
3 > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi,
6 > > On my wife's 32-bit Gentoo machine we did a large Gnome update
7 > > today which ended up doing Firefox-2.0.0.11 at the same time. On her
8 > > machine I happen to use Yahoo as my home page and now I see a very
9 > > boring home page with Yahoo giving me this message:
10 > >
11 > > Why miss out?
12 > > To see all the new Yahoo! home page has to offer, please upgrade to a
13 > > more recent browser.
14 > >
15 > > Supported browsers include:
16 > > Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!
17 > > Firefox 2.0
18 > > Safari 2.0
19 > > Opera 9
20 > >
21 > > Are others seeing the same thing?
22 > >
23 > > Thanks,
24 > > Mark
25 > I just checked for you, and I got the same page using the Firefox 3
26 > trunk. This is why discriminating based on user-agent is a Bad Thing,
27 > Yahoo.
28
29 I think they fixed it. When I checked earlier this morning using
30 Epiphany 2.20 I got the same page, but now the "regular" page shows up.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list