From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems getting started with vmware
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 06:08:25
1 On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:05:09AM -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote
2
3 > Walter, did you actually get a license somehow? When I look on their
4 > pages unders `product licensing'. A `VMware Product Licensing' page
5 > appears with no real indication of which license or even what product
6 > is being discussed... at least the names do not coincide with anything
7 > in portage.
8 >
9 > Further it appears to expect the reader to already have some kind of
10 > codes in hand.
11 >
12 > In fact the whole setup there is massively confusing. A bewildering
13 > array of products all with very similar names and no real definitions
14 > of how each is different.
15
16 That's what turned me off, and I didn't bother. I had wanted to make
17 a post just like yours, but I figured that I was coming out of this
18 thread looking like a professional ranter, so I decided to keep quiet.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
22 My musings on technology and security at http://techsec.blog.ca
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list