From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo/FBSD
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:47:22
1 On 04/14/2011 10:38 AM, Fredrik Andersson wrote:
2 > Is the Handbook outdated? I dont know if I have ever seen it be out of
3 > date..
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/
8 The handbook is fine, but doesn't cover the FreeBSD install. I was
9 almost able to do it by finding a FreeBSD 8.x live CD pulling down an
10 8.x stage 3 tarball, but too much of @system is broken for me to do
11 anything after the chroot.
12
13 Can't install boot0 because Perl is broken, so I try grub. But first, I
14 have to fix xz-utils so that I can unpack it. But first, I have to fix
15 binutils because ld crashes building a new xz-utils. But first, I have
16 to fix GCC because it can't build binutils. But first, I have to fix
17 glibc so that GCC works. But firFORGET IT I'M GOING OUTSIDE.