From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fcron & fetchmail & procmail and the "why not?"
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 02:29:42
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> [09-09-21 04:25]:
2 > Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > > On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 17:34, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> When using the line:
7 > >>
8 > >>    @ 5 fetchmail -a
9 > >>
10 > >> nothing happens: The mail remains on the server and can be downloaded
11 > >> with
12 > >>
13 > >>    fetchmail -a
14 > >>
15 > >> from the commandline.
16 > >>
17 > >> May be I am a little overhacked today...but what the hack I am doing
18 > >> wrong here?
19 > >
20 > > Are you sure the cron job runs? Check the logs. Or try adding:
21 > > */5 * * * * fetchmail -a
22 > > in your cron file.
23 >
24 > Another way to go at it might be to use fetchmails' built in daemon
25 > mode (fetchmail -d INTERVAL). And forget about cron.
29 fcron does run (see my previous mail).
30 I will try the daemon mode. What will be the best place to fire up
31 fetchmail then?
32 ...but I am still curious what prevents the call by fcron, since this
33 is also recommended by some howtos...
38 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
39 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
40 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
41 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.