From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Haskell packages and keeptemp
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 06:42:14
1 On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 07:29:39AM +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On 21 September 2015 05:58:20 CEST, Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net> wrote:
3 > >Hi gentoo-users,
4 > >
5 > >I thought I would set FEATURES=keeptemp in make.conf so I would have
6 > >build logs around for reference. This causes problems with Haskell
7 > >packages, which fail during the second build after setting this,
8 > >because the build's temp/ hasn't been cleaned from the previous build:
9 > >
10 > > <snip>
11 > >
12 > >Am I wrong in expecting ${T} to be wiped at the start of a build,
13 > >regardless of the package, so that this isn't a problem? I'm not sure
14 > >why you'd want old temp/ state to carry forward to the next build.
15 > >
16 > >- Bryan
17 >
18 > Build logs usually (I didn't change anything for that) end up in
19 > /var/log/portage
20 >
21 > Did you check there?
22
23 All I have there is /var/log/portage/elog which is because I
24 explicitly added "save" to PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM. I want the build.log
25 files, not just the elog output, do you have those in
26 /var/log/portage?
27
28 Thanks,
29 Bryan