From: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr almost full
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 07:24:47
1 Am Donnerstag, 23. November 2006 16:36 schrieb ext Allan Spagnol Comar:
2
3 > I am having a little problem with my /usr partition, I had a /usr
4 > partition of 3.0GB in a production server that is almost full ( 500MB
5 > remaining ) the portage distfiles is located on other disk (
6 > /home/portage ) and I do not know what I can remove to save some disk,
7 > can someone help ?
8
9 Other's have already told you what you can delete. I'd like to make a
10 different proposal.
11
12 If you could create another partition, you could install EVMS and link the
13 new partition to your /usr partition, using EVMS's drive-link plugin, then
14 grow the filesystem to occupy the new space.
15
16 For future installations you should consider using some kind of logical
17 volume manager like LVM or EVMS from the beginning, together with an
18 online-resizable filesystem.
19
20 HTH...
21
22 Dirk
23 --
24 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
25 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
26 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
27 Hambornerstraße 55 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
28 D-40472 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
29 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net