From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't find init due to inconsistent drive order
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 14:42:33
1 On 07/02/2013 07:23 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2013-07-01, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > 2) Unplug or power down the firewire drive when booting.
8 I had this problem on my Intel motherboard, and found out you can
9 disable booting from external drives. "Boot to removable devices" or
10 similar in the BIOS. Failing that, changing the boot order so that the
11 firewire/USB device is at the very end of the boot list may help your
12 situation.
15 > Number 6 (fixing the kernel) is The Right Thing To Do(tm), but it's a
16 > bit out of scope for the momement. The "early code" in the kernel
17 > obviously knows how to read partition tables and also knows about the
18 > relevent file system, so I'm a bit baffled why it can't look at the
19 > file system label.
22 Is CONFIG_EDD set?
23
24 CONFIG_EDD:
27 Say Y or M here if you
28 want to enable BIOS Enhanced Disk Drive Services real mode BIOS calls to
29 determine which disk
30 BIOS tries boot from. This information is then exported via sysfs.
33 Dan