From: Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin opengl compositing w/ nouveau?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:29:24
1 On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 22:50, Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > radeon side of the coin here, and with an intel system or two in the
3 > past. The DRM related drivers seem to be prone to misbehaving when
4 > they're not configured as modules. I haven't managed to sort out why,
5 > so you may see if a change there helps, though it'll likely cause mode
6 > changes throughout the booting process.
7
8 That's um.... ok. I guess I can try that
9
10 > The second thing that comes to
11 > mind is that you don't include any relevant entries from glxinfo
12 > (glxinfo | grep ender) or Xorg.?.log (notably anything flagged as an
13 > error, 'grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log' grabs that, plus a bit of cruft),
14 > notably from a session where things aren't working properly, as the
15 > majority of issues trace back to direct rendering being disabled due
16 > to some incompatibility that gets noted in the log (often in
17 > delightfully cryptic prose).
18
19 I'll do this and get back w/ you. Might be a few days, as I rarely
20 have occasion to 'startx' on this box
21
22 thx!
25 Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
26 Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web: