From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:51:16
1 On Thursday 22 February 2007 20:38:02 jcd wrote:
2 > I converted my system to UNICODE with assistance
3 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Make_your_system_use_unicode/utf-8. I
4 > re-encoded several files and several filenames. But my man-pages are
5 > still displayed with bad characters ('á' is 'á') in console even in X
6 > terminal emulator. I unmerged package (with local man pages
7 > 'app-i18n/man-pages-cs'), deleted distfile and again merged but it
8 > remained same. So I had uncompressed one local man page and looked into
9 > raw text and there it is all right. I tried to changed line in
10 > /etc/make.conf:
11 > Code:
12 > NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tascii -c -mandoc
15 > Code:
16 > NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -Tutf8 -c -mandoc
17 >
18 > and also according to comments to
19 > Code:
20 > NROFF /usr/bin/nroff -c -mandoc.
21 >
22 > In both cases result was same. Also I have correct fonts for my language
23 > and unicode use flag defined.
24
25 This thing is covered by [1]. It goes to man.conf. Not make.conf.
26
27 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml
30 Bo Andresen