From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is wrong 4k sector alignment still an issue?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:27:27
1 On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm getting a 2TB drive which uses 4kB sectors instead of 512 byte ones.  I
3 > suppose by now everything will "just work" and the various tools will now by
4 > default create correctly aligned partitions?
8 I guess it depends on what tools you use to create partitions but I
9 believe the stable version of fdisk does now align to 4k by default.
10 Just make sure the starting address is divisible by 8 and you should
11 be good to go no matter what tools you use.
12
13 HTH,
14 Mark