From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Picasa 2.7 Beta
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:06:36
1 On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 10:49 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > This seems to work - somewhat... With that, I mean that Picasa
4 > starts, but it just hangs there, see <http://picasaweb.google.ch/Fam.Skwar/Screenshots/photo#5143020740590645730>.
5 > I cannot click on any of the buttons and the splash screen also
6 > doesn't go away.
7 >
8 > Anyone with more luck?
9
10 no, I haven't tried, but your problem report sounds similar to what
11 happens when I try to run google earth if I don't have a good GL driver
12 installed. Various fglrx drivers fail google earth, (and are slow
13 generally) including the latest one. But some work fine. If I use the
14 X nv driver I can't run it either.
15
16 Perhaps picasa uses some similar accel features? just a stab in the
17 dark :)
18
19 I might try it though, now that you mention it's here.
20
21 HTH,
25 I WILL NOT INSTIGATE REVOLUTION
26
27 Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 7G06
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list