From: Alvin A ONeal Jr <coolaj86@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How do I get LVM2 off a drive?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:48:34
1 I don't think LVM2 cares about partitions. AFAIK you only use fdisk
2 (marking partitions as 8e? for lvm2) to be polite to other OSes that
3 don't auto-detect like Linux does.
4
5 I'm not exactly sure what's happening to you, but try this:
6 vgchange -a y; vgchange -a n
7 vgchange -a y; vgchange -a n
8 emerge -C lvm2; rm /etc/lvm/ -rf; emerge lvm2
9 vgchange -a y; vgchange -a n
10 vgchange -a y; vgchange -a n
11
12 I don't know what it does, but I got frustrated one time when copying an
13 imaged machine (the old partitions didn't match on the new machine) and
14 I think that was how I fixed it.
15 --
16 8^)
17 Laterz-
18 ~Alvin
19 http://CoolAJ86.Havenite.net
20
21 ---
22 Wow! You should get a gold star sticker!

coolaj86.vcf text/x-vcard