From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user+owner@l.g.o, 'Andrea Barisani' <lcars@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] RE: I'm not getting gentoo list emails anymore?
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:12:17
1 > Would the list admin please double check the mlmmj list administration
2 tools
3 > and see if there is some setting for my email address that
4 > says 'nomail' or 'suspended' or something like that... Is my
5 > email even showing up in the list (or did my unsubscribes go
6 > through). Does the list use any kind of RBL?
7
8 I looked at the mlmmj "site" (and that is an extremely generous term for
9 this page http://mlmmj.mmj.dk/), and it had nothing useful in terms of
10 commands I could try -- since 'help' doesn't even respond.
11
12 Well, according to http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/176367
13 my last post just went through, so clearly my unsubscribe commands aren't
14 even being received/executed either.
15
16 Just to verify, I have tried both:
19 (does it matter if I use "list." or not?)
20
21 (And to clarify, I don't wish to actually unsubscribe, I'm merely trying to
22 get mlmmj to reply back to me or clear my 'bits' in case something was
23 toggled to not send me mail)
24
25 Could the list admin check the /var/log/mail/* logs and look for
26 'daevid@××××××.com' and see if there are any error messages or anything?
27 Something that might shed some light as to what's happening here.
28
29 This is very bizarre that I can post to the list a normal email, but not a
30 command one, and not receive back anything. It really feels like something
31 specific to my actual email address and mlmmj. I tried to subscribe via my
32 work account (which I only use for testing as a backup email for situations
33 like this) and I got a response instantly to confirm.
34
35 *sigh*
36
37 I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle here...
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list