From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups - print job owner
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 20:47:44
1 On Tuesday 07 May 2013 16:48:42 Joseph wrote:
2 > When I submit print job to my network printer cups display on the web-page:
3 >
4 > ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages
5 > Brother-2907 Unknown Withheld 42k
6 >
7 > So I can not delete the print job as I'm not the owner.
8 > How to control the ownership of the print job?
9 >
10 > In cupsd.conf I have:
11 > ...
12 > # Only the owner or an administrator can cancel or authenticate a job...
13 > <Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
14 > Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
15 > Order deny,allow
16 > </Limit>
17 > ...
18 >
19 > I could make a short-cat and add:
20 > Allow from my_ip_address
21 >
22 > but I don't think this is a good solution.
23
24 Try something like this:
25
26 $ cat /etc/group | grep lp
27 lp:x:7:lp,michael
28 lpadmin:x:106:
29
30 That should allow you to cancel print jobs, otherwise sudo cancel.
33 Regards,
34 Mick