From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE3 k-menu: hotkey not working after renaming of mozilla-firefox-bin package
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 08:35:59
1 Hi group
2
3 I have set up my firefox item in k-menu to be launched via Win+Z. A short
4 while ago, mozilla-firefox-bin was renamed to only firefox-bin. At first, the
5 shortcut wasn’t visible anymore until I changed its command manually to
6 firefox-bin¹. But since then also, the shortcut doesn’t work anymore. I
7 deleted and reassigned it. I even deleted the menu item and created it anew
8 (always with saving the menu between each step to apply all changes). But to
9 no avail. Any idea what’s going wrong here?
10
11 Thanks
12
13 ¹ I had a similar issue in my guest account - the OpenOffice submenu was gone.
14 Then I figured out that they were calling oocalc-2.4 or something like that.
15 I found out that version 3 dropped the version in filenames. This also tipped
16 me off to the changed firefox command.
17 --
18 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
19 begin signature_virus
20 Hi! I’m a signature virus.
21 Please copy me to your signature to help me spread.
22 end