From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cant connect to local webserver - ICMP admin prohibited
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 17:07:37
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net> wrote:
2 >>The devices are connected, there's only a switch between them (a
3 >>billion ADSL router).
4 >
5 > wait... billion as in "billion the company"? and
6 > you are using your router as a switch?
7
8 Yeah - this is just at home. The router has a 4 port switch built in.
9
10 > please connect the two computers without any switch (crossover cable if
11 > they aren't 1000mbit) and try again. maybe the router is doing
12 > something funny with port 80? most routers DO run firewalls.
13
14 Its disabled, but I will try a crossover to eliminate any possibility
15 its the billion.
16
17 Will gig negotiate auto cross over on a straight cable? I have a cross
18 over i can use, but since you mentioned gig....