From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] startup woes with sshd, rsyncd, nfs, portmap
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:13:16
1 On 6/13/07, Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> wrote:
5 > looks pretty much normal, nothing that I would call an obvious glitch
6 > in there.
9 It's the same as two other Gentoo boxes I run, both of which start
10 up normally, and it's the same as it was before the problems started,
11 so I agree: rc-update is not the source of the problem,
12
13 I'm getting out of ideas, but there's one thing left: /etc/conf.d/rc
14 > Check if using other values for RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING,
15 > RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP and maybe (if currently set) RC_PLUG_SERVICES have
16 > any consequences. I'm not sure, but I think the other settings
17 > shouldn't matter.
20 It's also the same as all my other "normal" Gentoo boxes, so unlikely to be
21 the source of the problem.
22
23 John