From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Forgotten root password on remote system
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:37:20
1 On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 08:47:29AM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I have forgotten the root password of my remote server. Is there any
3 > way to retrieve or reset it?
4 >
5 > - Grant
6
7 AFAIK it is not possible short of brute force hacking it. If it were,
8 it sort of defeats the point of security on the box...
9
10 Your best bet is to get someone your trust to boot into single for you
11 and reset the password there.
12
13 W
14 --
15 ARTHUR It's not a question of whose habitat it is, it's a
16 question of
17 how hard you hit it.
18
19 - Arthur pointing out one of the disadvantages of gravity,
20 Fit the Tenth.
21 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 13 days, 19:22
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list