From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do I remove evolution from gnome?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:49:01
1 On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Ric de France wrote:
2 > Hi list(s),
3 >
4 > I was looking through the dynamic USE flag page (
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml ), and noticed there were
6 > some flags that brought in evolution support... but after realising I
7 > don't used evolution (as I am happy with thunderbird), I was
8 > wondering how to remove evolution from gnome once and for all...
9
10 You can't so it with USE flags as evolution is a hard dependency on
11 gnome-base/gnome:
12
13 RDEPEND="!gnome-base/gnome-core
14
15 [snip irrelevant depends]
16
17 >=gnome-extra/gtkhtml-3.12.2
18 >=mail-client/evolution-2.8.2.1
19 >=gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-1.8.2
20 >=gnome-extra/evolution-webcal-2.8.0
23 So, if you emerged gnome, you's-a-gonna get evolution. Instead, you
24 should unmerge gnome (it's just a meta package), then merge
25 gnome-light. This is a minimal set of packages that gnome must have to
26 work at all.
27
28 Then run emerge -pv --depclean to see what portage wants to remove. To
29 prevent this, you must select the packages you want to keep from that
30 list and explicitly put them into world with
31
32 emerge -avn <list of packages>
33
34 Then rerun emerge -pv --depclean again, and if you are happy losing
35 what's in that list, let it run without -p
36
37 alan
41 Optimists say the glass is half full,
42 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
43 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
44
45 Alan McKinnon
46 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
47 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
48 --
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list