From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: nVidia & nouveau on nVidia 8600M GT
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:17:45
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 16:26 on Sunday 30 January 2011, Allan
2 Gottlieb did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Sun, Jan 30 2011, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Happy news:
6 > >
7 > > Upgrading to KDE-4.6.0 fixed all the annoying issues below.
8 >
9 > Does this mean you are now running you nvidia graphics using the nouveau
10 > driver? That is, not just testing nouveau, but using it essentially all
11 > the time.
12
13 No, I still use nvidia drivers for day to day work. I install and check out
14 nouveau every now and again.
15
16 Soryr. I should have re-read my mail and been more clear. The main issue I had
17 with nvidia was that desktop effects raised the load and made the laptop run
18 hot especially with blur effect. 4.6.0 fixed that and lets the machine perform
19 acceptably.
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com