From: "Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov" <ploujj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cannot print after changing CUPS printer
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:44:06
1 I used to print to a LAN CUPS printer at
2 lanmachine:631/printers/printername until I recently took that
3 (parallel port printer) and hooked it up to lp0 on my local machine.
4 Since then I cannot seem to print from any local application nor does
5 lpstat show any printers:
6
7 currently this is what I see:
8 $ lpstat
9 lpstat: Unable to connect to server: No route to host
10
11 I think it's still trying to connect to the old CUPS printer on a
12 different machine
13
14 however:
15 $ lpstat -h localhost -t
16 scheduler is running
17 system default destination: gray-deskjet
18 device for gray-deskjet: parallel:/dev/lp0
19 device for pdfprt: cups-pdf:/
20 gray-deskjet accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
21 pdfprt accepting requests since Jan 01 00:00
22 printer gray-deskjet is idle. enabled since Jan 01 00:00
23 printer pdfprt is idle. enabled since Jan 01 00:00
24
25 The only way I can print to my local printer is if I select "print
26 test page" from the CUPS web interface so I know the printer is
27 working.
28 The funny thing is that I can also print to this local printer from
29 other machines - Linux and Windows via IPP/CUPS.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list