From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Migrating to python3_6 ?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 20:45:11
1 On 2019-09-04, james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > I have been reading all sorts of things from you cannot get rid of
4 > python 2.7 to it's straightforward to leave python2_7.
5
6 In my experience, if you do a lot of stuff with raw byte streams
7 (e.g. implementing network protocols), switching from 2.7 to 3.x can
8 be rather painful.
9
10 For most other sorts of apps, it's fairly easy to write code that
11 works on both, and even easier to just switch over.
14 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Used staples are good
15 at with SOY SAUCE!
16 gmail.com