From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd or disturbing things go by in emerge
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:58:25
1 On 5/28/06, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Portage is a wonderful thing.
3 >
4 > That said, it is sometimes a bit unnerving to look at the details. For
5 > instance, I was
6 > watching my update go by just now and saw this during the update to kpdf:
7 >
8 > >>> Source unpacked.
9 > This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
10 > This will be deleted before making the distribution
11
12 This message does not come from portage or the ebuild. It comes from
13 the kde-base build system....everybody who extracts the kdebase
14 sources and runs "make -f Makefile.cvs" will see this.
15
16 > It seems clear that as an ordinary gentoo user, I should not be seeing such
17 > messages. I hope it just means that there's a bug in the message, not in the
18 > ebuild. I don't have the portage expertise to track this down, so I'll
19 > just (ahem) assume it's okay.
20
21 Not sure what you mean....the message looks perfectly harmless to me.
22 It is basicallly a message to the KDE developers working on the 3.5.2
23 release (and early adopters using the CVS version) that that specific
24 makefile would go away at release time. Now, I do not know why it
25 *didn't* go away...after all 3.5.2 is released but the file is still
26 there. But the message itself seems innocuous.
27
28 -Richard
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list