From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusing Portage Outcomes
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:33:47
1 > On May 21, 2014, at 13:33, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 21 May 2014 13:02:46 -0400
4 > Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> Hi all. I made the following in /etc/portage/make.conf
7 >> #ACCEPT_LICENS="*"
8 >> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
9 >> Save and exit.
10 >> To double check, I ran:
11 >> #emerge --info | grep -i accept
12 >> ACCEPT_LICENSES="* -@EULA"
13 >> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
14 >> The way it looks, the file just appended what I want to the Portage
15 >> default. As far as the keywords variable is concerned, that will cause
16 >> issues. Do I need to negate the defaults with the -?
17 >
18 > ACCEPT_LICENSES is commented out; so, yes, it'll use the default.
19 >
20 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS I think that ~x86 includes, similar to how maintainers
21 > specify KEYWORDS="x86" and not KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86" in their ebuilds;
22 > I'm not entirely sure, but I think that would be the case.
23 >
24 > You can check with something like ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~ppc ~x86"
25 > which might result in something that lists all the stable ones as well.
26 >
27 > Negating x86 with - could be a possible solution; however, I wonder if
28 > that's what you want as some packages have only stable versions.
29 >
30 > --
31 > With kind regards,
32 >
33 > Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
34 > Gentoo Developer
35 >
36 > E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
37 > GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
38 > GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D
39 I commented that out for the purposes of having it in the email as a sort of example. It isn't actually commented I was in the file. So having the x86 and the ~x86 in the same variable would make a safe portage solution?