From: Rafael Bugajewski <rb@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] how to mount IXUS 40?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:31:58
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2
3 > This camera uses PTP protocol. As I have found, the protocol is widely used
4 > by many giant firms. And it's theoretically possible to represent some part
5 > of this protocol as a mounted file system (and some [OT] OS does it).
6
7 Yeah, I didn't say it's impossible to do such things. But AFAIK not with
8 linux.
9
10 I mean you can also see it this way: digiKam represents the pictures as a file
11 system and you can drag and drop it and so on ;) It's also possible to write
12 a plugin for e.g. rox-filer or other file managers to make use of gphoto.