From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to do world update --problem may be caused by mailman
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 23:11:49
1 On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 16:57:46 -0500,
2 Arve Barsnes wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 at 22:28, John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > So, since mailman 2.1.33 seems to be the latest version in the tree
6 >
7 > The opposite seems to be true? 2.1.33 was removed from the tree in
8 > September, and the latest version in the tree is 3.3.2. It is only
9 > keyworded ~amd64 though, so I expect your problem here is that you run
10 > a stable setup.
11 >
12 > Either you need to keep local copies of the old mailman ebuild, as
13 > well as its dependencies, or you need to keyword the new version.
14
15 hmmm, I am running a ~ setup, but I do need to keep mailman, so how to
16 tell which packages to keep, exactly?
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici wb2una