From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Python build dying!!!!
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 08:07:49
1 Hi all,
2 I'm in the process of trying to install an application called Hellanzb.
3 It's a python based app with a 3rd party ebuild. I've installed it at
4 work, with no problems, so it looks like I've got some problem on my
5 machine.
6
7 The error from the hallanzb emerge led me to believe that my python
8 install is in some way damaged. I then did an "emerge python" to
9 hopefully rebuild the installation but now I get errors when building
10 python. The ebuild kicks off, unpacks and starts compiling. It then
11 looks like it's placing stuff in appropriate places and then dies!!!!
12
13 -------- START -----------
14 .
15 ..
16 ...
17 ....
18 running install
19 running build
20 running build_ext
21 db.h: found (4, 3) in /usr/include
22 db.h: found (4, 2) in /usr/include/db4.2
23 db lib: using (4, 3) db-4.3
24 INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers
25 make: *** [sharedinstall] Segmentation fault
26
27 !!! ERROR: dev-lang/python-2.4.3-r1 failed.
28 Call stack:
29 ebuild.sh, line 1543: Called dyn_install
30 ebuild.sh, line 1017: Called src_install
31 python-2.4.3-r1.ebuild, line 188: Called die
32
33 !!! (no error message)
34 !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call
35 stack if relevant.
36
37 ------------ END ---------
38
39 I placed "tcl" and "tcltk" into my USE variables and tried the reinstall
40 again, "emerge --newuse python", Tcl etc get called in and installed
41 with no problems, but then the above problem hit again.
42
43 Does anyone know what's wrong with my Python install and how I can fix
44 it? I can emerge other stuff, the Tcl for example, with no problems, so
45 I have a Python install of some sort, Python V2.4.3, but it doesn't seem
46 to be complete.
47
48 Yours in frustration,
49 Andrew