From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Migrate from rsync to git for emerge --sync?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 20:02:43
1 How do you migrate from rsync to git for 'emerge --sync'?
2
3 I changed my /etc/porttage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf file as shown in
4 various places, but when I try to do a sync, git barfs:
5
6 # emerge --sync >>> Syncing repository 'gentoo' into '/usr/portage'...
7 /usr/bin/git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/gentoo-mirror/gentoo.git .
8 fatal: destination path '.' already exists and is not an empty directory.
9 !!! git clone error in /usr/portage
10
11 Despite what multiple blog and wiki pages claim, it seems it's not as
12 simple as editing you gentoo.conf file. Do I need to wipe the contents
13 of /usr/portage and start with an emptry directory there?