From: "Robert J. King" <peritus@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo on Intel Mac Mini?
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:17:12
1 On Saturday 28 February 2009 10:21:40 am Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > I see. I don't plan on installing to the HD, so it's not
3 > something I need to worry about ... except I guess installing
4 > to a USB flash drive is logically equivalent, so I probably do
5 > have to worry about it. I wonder if Linux and OS-X can share a
6 > swap partition...
7 The way my mac came from the factory was with 2 partitons. The first, I
8 think, is some special partition needed for EFI and doesn't even show in OSX
9 disk util. The second is the OSX HFS+ partition. What I did was resize the
10 HFS+ partition in OSX with disk util then created 2 new partitions for
11 linux-swap and linux with parted on the livecd.