From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [poll] What is your session state?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:55:19
1 On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 10.02.2014 16:13, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >>> I would not expect to have to type I the local root password when
5 >>> administering something on a remote host.
6 >>
7 >> And you don't need to with logind.
8 >
9 > logind runs here as well. What to change? Wher to put that "startx --
10 > vt01" in my case (systemd, logind, gdm ...)
11 >
12 > I still wonder about that pam_systemd ... do I need it or not ...
13 >
14 > Maybe we can find a nice howto here ...
15
16 Stefan, I'm not following you. Do you have the same problem that Walt
17 has? In your DE you are being asked for your root password when you
18 insert a USB stick or when you power off the machine from the menu?
19
20 Regards.
21 --
22 Canek Peláez Valdés