From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Again - problem on installing Gentoo (Gentoo started)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:10:29
1 Hi Dirk,
2
3 > > Your previous mail stated that you did not emerge lvm2.
4 > > However, /dev/vg/usr IS a logical volume so it will never work
5 > > until you install the lvm2 software.
6 >
7 > He has EVMS installed, he doesn't need lvm2 tools.
8
9 My problem is LV not being activated on booting so all devices such
10 /dev/vg/usr, home, opt, etc. can't not been mounted. At time of
11 installation ;
12 # vgchange -a y
13 must be run to activate LV.
14
15 I'm now looking around where ("/rc.d/" ?) I have to add this command.
16
17 I tried creating /tmp/newroot, /tmp/newroot/mnt, etc.in anticipating
18 mounting LV. But found it did not work.
19
20 Actually Gentoo started but the above devices unable to mount making
21 some files can't be found. Other problem are of minor matters.
22
23 In the past I have been playing around on FC5 and Ubuntu 6.06
24 partitioning HD with LVM on command lines but never work. I was
25 compelled using GUI to get it done. Then it worked without problem. I
26 don't know its reason.
27
28 B.R.
29 SL