From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any bought a laptop that "Just Works"?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 17:14:18
1 On Wednesday 30 March 2011, Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone else
3 > on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the hardware worked
4 > out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about WiFi/audio/webcam,
5 > the finer points of hibernation are of lesser concern. Currently I have a
6 > "Linux Certified" machine but I want to avoid shipping costs to the UK.
7
8 Thanks to everyone who replied. The overwhelming choice seems to be a ThinkPad
9 so I have just ordered a T510 with a Core i7, 4GB of 1033 RAM and a 1600x900
10 screen Now I can't wait for it to be delivered. :)
11
12 Hopefully this thread will be useful to other users.
13 Cheers
14 -Robin.
15 --
17 Robin Atwood.
18
19 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
20 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
21 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling