From: burlingk@×××××××××.mil
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] My only input on the subject of circular dependencies
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:33:19
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Dan Farrell [mailto:dan@×××××××××.cx]
3 > Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 11:52 PM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My only input on the subject of
6 > circular dependencies
9 > On Thu, 17 May 2007 09:18:40 +0900
10 > <burlingk@×××××××××.mil> wrote:
11 >
12 > > My only input at this time (since I am a total newb when it
13 > > comes to Gentoo), is this.
14 > ...
15 > > ---
16 > > Ken
17 > I think that's excellent advice Ken. I would add somewhere
18 > between USEing sparingly and reading errors (windows people
19 > in particular never seem to do this) that emerging -av is a
20 > great idea, since it lists the use flags you're likely to
21 > want to look over before going. Many a gray hair can be
22 > avoided by a little extra work before sending the emerge through.
23 >
24 > Don't give up newbies! It comes eventually, I swear.
25 > --
26 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
27
28 Would -p work well with the -av (-avp) ? I have not looked over the -a
29 and -v just yet, but I know that -p will make sure it doesn't actually
30 change anything on the first attempt. :)
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list