From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Just when is portage/bashrc sourced?
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 01:21:34
1 On 11/23/2017 08:12 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Package P bypasses applying user patches (by not calling
3 > default_src_prepare). I have patches I need to apply to P, and in this
4 > case I really don't want to fork the ebuild. So, I'm hell bent on
5 > doing it the hacky way with /etc/portage/bashrc (which, IIRC, I have
6 > been told on this list not to do, but now I don't have much choice).
7 >
8 > To make it work I need to know how the bashrc file is spliced into the
9 > ebuild.
10
11 The usual example overrides "pre_src_prepare", which naturally is
12 executed before "src_prepare",
13
14 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches#Enabling_.2Fetc.2Fportage.2Fpatches_for_all_ebuilds
15
16 With an extra line or two you can modify that code to check ${PN} to
17 avoid affecting other packages.