From: Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Guidance on encrypting my /home
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:22:03
1 Am Montag, 14. August 2006 08:59 schrieb ext Richard Fish:
2
3 > If you want to get started on this before your new laptop arrives, I
4 > suggest starting with the initramfs and encrypting swap only. You
5 > should be able to create an initramfs that will setup the mapping and
6 > do the swapon before your root filesystem mounts. Once you have that
7 > working, and are comfortable with how the initramfs works, you can
8 > move on to your root filesystem.
9
10 I can offer a script to create an initramfs for an "all on LUKS-encrypted
11 EVMS-managed logical volumes" machine (all but /boot, of course).
12
13 Bye...
14
15 Dirk
16 --
17 Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
18 Configuration Manager | Fax: +49 (0)211 47068 111
19 Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.heinrichs@×××××××××.com
20 Hambornerstraße 55 | Web: http://www.capgemini.com
21 D-40472 Düsseldorf | ICQ#: 110037733
22 GPG Public Key C2E467BB | Keyserver: www.keyserver.net