From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] warning: vmware workstation users should not use new 10.0 profile
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:08:34
1 On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Paul
2 Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Keith Dart<keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> The new 10.0 profile recently bumped libxcb, and other X libraries, to
6 >> new versions that break the vmware workstation. Since that is a binary
7 >> only package it can't be re-compiled by the user. So workstation users
8 >> are advised to stick with 2008.0 profile for quite some time.
9 >>
10 >> (spoken from experience, was not a fun upgrade/downgrade)
11 >
12 > Using the latest vmware-workstation and vmware-modules from the vmware
13 > overlay (which were added in the past day, it looks like), everything
14 > seems to be working fine here with 10.0 desktop profile.
15
16 Well, I did get some weird error when shutting down the virtual
17 machine, but everything worked normally until that point. I was
18 running it in NX so that may have caused it too. I don't know exactly
19 what the problems to be expected are.