From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is systemd-journald a complete replacement for sysklogd?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:05:30
1 On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm trying to track down a bad bug in dhcpcd-6.4.4, so (unlike most days ;) I'm
3 > paying close attention to the output of journalctl.
4 >
5 > The confusing part is that the output of journalctl is *very* different depending
6 > on whether dhcpcd starts correctly during boot. Or not.
7 >
8 > I think I may be shooting myself in the usual foot by continuing to use sysklogd
9 > along with systemd (using my own custom *.service script to start sysklogd).
10 >
11 > If journald is really a complete syslog replacement then I'll dump my old kludge
12 > and be very happy to do it.
13 >
14 > Canek, maybe? Anyone?
20 journalctl -f -u dhcpcd
21
22 should help you with that. That's what I use to hunt down bugs in configuration.