From: Jeff Horelick <jdhore1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux becomes expensive ;)
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 18:08:37
1 Florian,
2
3 That's not that big of a difference...Also, Gentoo/Linux does not have
4 powersaving for every device like Windows XP...it's writing to the hard
5 drive more often and it doesn't spin as much down when it's not in use to
6 help performance. Also, if i was you, i'd be worried about your system using
7 that LITTLE energy especially since you have a pretty hefty CPU, video card,
8 motherboard, 2 hardrives and al the rest of your components.
9