From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [gentoo-user] Re: Udev update and persistent net rules changes
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:38:57
1 On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 11:48:19 +0000 (UTC)
2 "Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
3
4 > instead of pushing a completely
5 > different (and possibly less reliable) naming scheme by default.
6
7 Whilst I wouldn't want them changing on me (though if your physically
8 changing the pci slot then you should be able to handle the number
9 change). I find the OpenBSD method of different names like fxp0 useful
10 because it means you can look up the manpage for that card type which
11 as long as the documentation is good is very useful.