From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new hi-res display won't work at top res
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:10:05
1 On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > Dell latitude E7450 with intel 915 graphics, gnome 3, systemd.
3 >
4 > lspci:
5 > VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09)
6 >
7 > I just bought a new dell 34" curved monitor (U3417).
8 > It's max res is 3440X2560, but at that res it complains that no signal
9 > is coming. It works fine at other res (including 2560x1440).
10 >
11 > The dell manual says to get new drivers and I am indeed running an old
12 > kernel, 3.18.16-gentoo. The highest stable is 4.9.16 and I am planning
13 > to build and employ it this summer.
14 >
15 > Has high res support been added to the intel graphics driver?
16 >
17 > thanks,
18 > allan
21 I had a similar issue on Windows. I was under the impression the high
22 resolutions were already supported in the drivers, but I suppose
23 support was added later, after the device's sale.
24
25 Sadly I can't comment as to whether support is now in the drivers. You
26 might want to consider updating more frequently.