From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new hi-res display won't work at top res
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 16:10:05
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
> Dell latitude E7450 with intel 915 graphics, gnome 3, systemd. > > lspci: > VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 5500 (rev 09) > > I just bought a new dell 34" curved monitor (U3417). > It's max res is 3440X2560, but at that res it complains that no signal > is coming. It works fine at other res (including 2560x1440). > > The dell manual says to get new drivers and I am indeed running an old > kernel, 3.18.16-gentoo. The highest stable is 4.9.16 and I am planning > to build and employ it this summer. > > Has high res support been added to the intel graphics driver? > > thanks, > allan >
I had a similar issue on Windows. I was under the impression the high resolutions were already supported in the drivers, but I suppose support was added later, after the device's sale. Sadly I can't comment as to whether support is now in the drivers. You might want to consider updating more frequently.