From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf is different after every reboot
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:29:37
1 On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 12:21:23 +0300, Grand Duet wrote:
2
3 > In short: the contents of the file /etc/resolv.conf
4 > is unpredictably different from one reboot to another.
5 > It is either
6 > # Generated by net-scripts for interface lo
7 > domain mynetwork
8
9 That's what you get when lo comes up.
10
11 > or
12 > # Generated by net-scripts for interface "eth0"
13 > nameserver My.First.DNS-Server.IP
14 > nameserver My.Second.DNS-Server.IP
15 > nameserver 8.8.8.8
16
17 That's what replaces it when eth0 comes up. It looks like eth0 is not
18 being brought up fully, what do your logs say?
19
20 It might be worth putting logger commands in preup(), postup() and
21 failup() in conf.d/net.
22
23 > I tried to chmod this file to be unwrittable even for root
24 > but after a reboot it have been overwritten anyway.
25
26 You can't stop root overwriting a file, root laughs in the face of file
27 permissions.
28
29 BTW, I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but I don't think you ever
30 posted the contents of /etc/resolvconf.conf, if it exists.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 If at first you don't succeed, call in an airstrike.