From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:52:17
1 >> > cdda2wav writes a single file per track. Why do you like additional splits?
2 >>
3 >> I like to end up with a raw/toc pair of files to act as a raw backup
4 >> of the CD, and a series of individual FLAC files for each track. For
5 >> the individual files, would you do that like this:
6 >>
7 >> # cdda2wav -B -Oraw
8 >> # rm audio.cddb
9 >> # rm audio.cdindex
10 >> # rm *.inf
11 >> # flac --best --endian=big --sign=signed --channels=2 --bps=16
12 >> --sample-rate=44100 --verify CD/audio_*.raw
13 >>
14 >> How would you generate a raw/toc(inf?) pair for backup?
15 >
16 > The toc information is coded in the adjacent .inf file.
17
18 But how do you get cdda2wav to produce a single raw/inf pair instead
19 of a pair for each track? I tried removing -B but it then only rips
20 the first track.
21
22 > Try to run an extrat run and ask if there are parts that you do not understand.
23
24 What is an extrat run?
25
26 Thanks,