From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] masked package woes
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:52:41
1 James schreef:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Jffnms is masked. However I am able to install it on an intel portable
5 > by adding this line to the /etc/portage/package.keywords
6 > net-analyzer/jffnms ~x86
7 >
8 > This is pretty must standard approach.
9 >
10 > However, on a gentoo system that I manually hacked a jffnms installation
11 > on on a very early (experimental) ebuild does not even show jffnms
12 > as a masked package. It intalled configuration file is /etc/jffnms, but
13 > I delete that dir and contents. Still I cannot install the jffnms
14 > masked package on this one system. Everyother system can install jffnms
15 > with the aforementioned line added to package.keywords.
16 >
17 > Any ideas how to track this down? Should I just copy over the ebuild manually
18 > to /usr/portage/distfiles ?
19
20 Ebuilds don't go in /usr/portage/distfiles, so doing that won't help you.
21
22 When you say that you "manually hacked an installation", what do you
23 mean? If you created an ebuild in your PORTDIR_OVERLAY (the correct
24 procedure), do you still have an overlay directory enabled (preferably
25 the same one), in /etc/make.conf?
26
27 If you put your ebuild in the regular Portage tree, and you have since
28 synced , the "illegal" ebuild has likely been removed. In that case, I
29 would suggest enabling an overlay in /etc/make.conf, setting up an
30 overlay tree (default location is /usr/local/portage), putting the
31 ebuild there, then digesting it. It should then emerge normally.
32
33 Did you even install the previous 'hack' with Portage?
34
35 Holly
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list