From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Combining multiple workstations (multiseat)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 06:30:41
1 >> I'm hoping to use a Pandaboard ES ARM SoC as the host system in the
2 >> office where only light web browsing is required.
3 >
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=4&chap=9
5
6 I've installed Gentoo on a couple of Beaglebones. Being a
7 source-based distro, ARM support on Gentoo is stellar. IMHO, ARM is
8 slowly replacing x86 and this is a great opportunity for Gentoo to
9 grab some user share. Here's my greatest ever contribution to this
10 list: buy NASDAQ:ARMH.
11
12 Anyway, it's using DisplayLink on the ARM system that I'm worried
13 about. Linux support at all seems to be a matter of disagreement:
14
15 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DisplayLink
16
17 http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61689
18
19 > If you have not purchase the panda board yet (Arm A9) there are
20 > some new, smoking Arm (A-15) dev boards out that look very keen:
21 >
22 > http://www.howchip.com/shop/content.php?co_id=ArndaleBoard_en
23
24 That's a beauty and scheduled for November.
25
26 http://www.arndaleboard.org
27
28 > http://www.phytec.com/products/system-on-modules/phycore/omap5430/
29 >
30 > And of coarse the venerable Samsung Arm Chromebook:
31 >
32 > http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-
33 > devices/samsung-arm-chromebook
34 >
35 > (highly recommended by Vapier)
36
37 Nice one. I have a Dell XPS 13 which looks very similar but it isn't
38 fanless....
39
40 - Grant