From: Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with bluetooth dongle and bnep
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:12:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm trying to setup BNEP network with a gentoo box as as master in NAP
4 mode. The client (dell laptop) connects using internal bluetooth
5 module. Everything looks nice and happy. Laptop connects to my gentoo
6 box, I set up bridge between eth0 and bnep0, dhcp allocates the IP and
7 laptop becomes connected to my lan over bluetooth.
8 Unfortunately after about a minute (and only standard
9 windows-background traffic - roughly about 1KB each way) - the
10 connection stops. I can't ping over it any more, but the bnep0 stays
11 up. The only way to bring it back to shape is to remove the dongle
12 from the usb port (removing the modules from the kernel doesn't seem
13 to help).
14
15 The dongle is made by Integrated System Solution Corp, its a KY-BT100
16 Bluetooth Adapter.
17
18 Moving the dongle to a different usb port doesn't help. Restarting
19 laptop doesn't help, which suggests that the problem is with the
20 dongle.
21
22 Any ideas or suggestions what might be causing the problems?
23
24 regards
25 pshemko
26 --